Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yosemite Trip with the Crablab

While Californians are horrified to hear that people actually live in cold places (like Wisconsin), they simultaneously love, love, love to go up into the mountains and hang out in the snow. I guess it is really exotic for them. I got rid of all my winter stuff when I moved here, only to find that I now have to borrow jackets and gloves from Californians.
So...president's day weekend, Casey and I went up to Yosemite with a bunch of people from my lab and rented a house together. It was pretty fun, but since it was the most crowded day of the year for skiing, we went showshoeing instead. We went out a bunch of miles to some point where you can see the valley. Here is a famous rock, maybe El Capitan?

It was a long way down!
This I know, it's half dome! (taken from the parking lot at the ice skating rink, which was pretty lame compared to the lakes in WI)

Here's Casey, our intrepid leader, pointing the way to unexplored territory!

Here's me at Hech heche dam (where the bay area gets most of its water). Jokes about peeing in it abounded!

No pictures of Eric and Dipa in this post. I'm sure they will be relieved.

2 comments:

JB said...

Half dome? You'd think they could spring for a full dome..

emily said...

We're having some budget problems here in California. I guess we are lucky to even have a half dome.