Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Home!

After leaving Wyoming, we still had two days left in the car.  It was sort of a blur.  I remember that it sucked and it was hot and I was grumpy.  I also got a horrible heat rash across my back.  We pretty much drove straight for the last two days, stopping only for gas and food.  Here we are at a KFC, where I enjoyed a KFC snack pack.
Casey really thought this picture was going to be hilarious.  I'm not sure if it is or not.  I guess it is sort of funny that I might have a huge plate of fried chicken for a snack.  Anyway, the worst part of the drive was entering California over the Sierra Nevadas.  The Corolla was really struggling with the trailer and downgrades were even more terrifying (until I turned off the overdrive and went down in third gear. duh.) I was really afraid that Casey and I would get stuck at Donner Pass and be forced to survive the winter on Wendy's.  That would truly be a nightmare. 
After the Sierra Nevadas, the rest of the trip was smooth sailing.  Before we knew it we were home and enjoying a delicious bottle of California wine! Here we captured the warm reception we received from Elsie, who was eager to get right back to ignoring us.


3 comments:

Roxanne said...

ah, "kitty time"....
I have to agree with Casey that the plate full of chicken and accoutrement as a "snack" was pretty funny. Glad to see you made it safely (w/the exception of some heat rash).

JB said...

Was Wendy another passenger in the Corolla?

dwstaple said...

My first thought upon seeing the KFC picture was, "that snack pack looks like a good deal."