Friday, August 15, 2008

obligatory cat pictures

As indicated in the previous post, Elsie really didn't seem to care at all when we got home.  After Casey went to work the next day,however, she had to be touching me at all times and spent most of the day sleeping on my legs.
While I promise that I am going to resist the temptation to just fill this blog with posts of Elsie pictures, I will have to post some, since that seems to be the only thing on my camera.  Part of the problem is that I have a life long goal of getting Elsie on Cuteoverload.com.  I really think that Elsie has what it takes and is way cuter than a lot of the cats on that site.  Still, most pictures of her seem to look more fat than cute. The camera really does seem to add 10 pounds.
Okay, one last one for Casey. I assume he took this, since he thinks it is cute when she sleeps on her head.  Also, Elsie is the only other one that lives with us, and she doesn't know how to use the self timer.
We have actually been in California for about 3 weeks and really have no pictures to post about.  Casey is heading to Philly tomorrow to go to the ACS and see Russ and Rachel, and my friends Katie and Gordon are coming to town on Sunday.  So hopefully, these events will make our life appear more exciting.  I guess I should have posted about Phelps Quest, since that seems to be the only thing that anyone on television can talk about.  I really feel like Michael Phelps is ruining the Olympics and that it totally isn't fair to call him the greatest athlete of all time.  There is no other olympic sport in which a person is even eligible for like 50 gold medals. Why are there so many swimming events?  Its ridiculous.  I saw on the Today show, that he can basically live off of the money he is making from this olympics for the rest of his life.  How is this possible? Who cares? Still, I have basically been enjoying watching the olympics, even though I now feel sorry for all the American gold medal winners who aren't Michael Phelps.

3 comments:

chris said...

I actually think M. Phelps is part Sasquatch. He is an ugly, big dumb animal who is part opossum, part bigfoot and part dolphin and who is, I totally agree, ruining the Olympics.

Roxanne said...

Wasn't there one race where it looked like he actually DIDN'T win the gold? that the other guy got ahead of him? Why aren't more people talking about this? Oh, and please stop shouting and shaking your fist like king kong.

dwstaple said...

Michael Phelps is a national treasure. Those who doubt his Olympic supremacy are unpatriotic.