Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Emergency


I am still receiving the snow emergency alerts from George Dreckmann, the recycling coordinator of Madison.  This year they don't seem to be personally written by George Dreckmann, which is disappointing. However, what is not disappointing is that Madison is finally cracking down on Snow Emergency jerks! I have been wanting this for so long. I always get up after a snow emergency, dig out my car in the freezing cold (after it has been plowed in, usually), and sometimes even park it in a pay lot, just so that I can abide by the snow emergency rules.  Then other people, take the $20 ticket, take a week to dig their car out, and as a result, leave huge piles of snow that never get plowed and make the street unparkable for the rest of the winter. This year, things are changing.  They are giving $60 tickets and towing people! I wish I could be there to see it.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

That's awesome! I agree that it's time for a change!! Yes we can.

dwstaple said...

100 cars got towed last night. Yes!

~Bananas! said...

The crazy guy that lives across the street had his car parked on the wrong side of the road yesterday creating the narrowest of passages. As a result the garbage truck had to back all the way down the street to get my trash. I hope they get him. Maybe I'll turn him in!